KS 5 looses texture maps when network rendering bug

Started by tex010101, June 24, 2014, 06:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tex010101

I am having a problem with KS 5 loosing the texture maps I apply to custom materials when I network render. But it's not with every material. Some work and some don't. I treat every material exactly the same. It seems like the slave machines aren't getting the maps sent to them. Everything is fine when I render locally, and everything worked fine in KS 4. I have tried putting the maps locally on the master computer. I have tried putting the maps on a shared drive. I have tried putting the maps on each slave computer. I have tried saving the materials to the library and then reassigning. None of these things are working consistently. Anybody having this problem? Anybody have any suggestions?

tex010101

Okay, I've fiddled with this quite a bit more. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both KS4 and KS5 on my master computer. I've uninstalled KS4 and KS5 network rendering and reinstalled KS5 network rendering for all the slaves. This is what I've found. KS 5 doesn't seems to be sending any maps at all to the slaves. If I open a new file, add a sphere to the scene, apply any material in the library that relies on a map for image, bump, or opacity it doesn't network render properly. If I open a file in KS 4 that has materials that relies on maps, it network renders just fine. So it's not KS 5 network rendering that is causing the problem, it seems to be KS 5 itself that is not properly sending the maps. I can watch the KS 5 network resources folder on one of the slaves and when rendering from KS 5 it will receive the environment map but none of the maps related to the materials. If I watch the same folder while renderings form KS 4 I can see it get all the proper maps.

I can't be the only one having this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

zavio@mac.com

same here. The network render is useless with KS5-- but if I send a KS4 file to the server from KS5, it works.. it could be a corrupt file format issue.

Rex

We have a new Network Rendering build which fixes the issue of missing textures. Please contact license@luxion.com to obtain a link