Main Menu

My first jewelry

Started by RyanRo, June 25, 2014, 09:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanRo

Hello all Please if you have some time to spend,i need to know what is wrong here,what i miss,any vice is welcome as i m not a pro,thank you in advance.
Models made in Rhino rendered in Keyshot.

RyanRo

Hello all,i wonder is my post invisible to everyone?????!

edwardo

Nice work. Your models look good, your materials look good and your lighting looks ok - all I would say is keep pushing the actual shot/composition etc. Try a more dramatic lens angle and width, and play about with DOF. Using a ground plane with some subtle texture on it always helps these macro shots of small objects look better.

I use Rhino too, and am curious how you modelled the thick band ring (well, the patterned detail on it). Did you use Tsplines plugin or something?

Ed

Chad Holton

Hello,

I can see your post and think you're off to a good start. I agree with Ed - the composition can make or break the image and also:

The first image, you may want to make the HDR black & white - as colored reflections on the metal aren't idea with jewelry. The contrast is very high on both - I prefer high contrast myself but you may want to adjust the gamma to tone it down just a tad. In the end, it all really depends on your taste (or your customer's).

Take care,
Chad

Ed

I think these renders are very good overall.  I agree that an adjustment in the composition will take them from very good to "Buy Me!"

For example, the bands seem to show off more of the ring interiors than the exterior design.  I'd try to position them to focus more on the ring exteriors.

The diamond rings leave me wanting to see more of the large diamond.  I'd position the ring on the left to showcase the large diamond.

Try some variations and re-post :)

Ed Ferguson

yusuf74

Quote from: RyanRo on June 25, 2014, 09:13:55 AM
Hello all Please if you have some time to spend,i need to know what is wrong here,what i miss,any vice is welcome as i m not a pro,thank you in advance.
Models made in Rhino rendered in Keyshot.

RyanRo

Hello all,thank you for your appreciation,i m back so late becouse my post had no reply for so long time,thank you for your vices,i will be back whit news,yes,i do use t-splines sometimes,thank you again,all the best.

Angelo

nice im a rhino user too welcome :D

Josh3D

You may want to check out the jewelry webinar that Ed just gave. You can find it here: https://www.keyshot.com/learning/webinars/