Keyshot freezing mid render.. help!

Started by mmmster3d, July 07, 2012, 06:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmmster3d

this just started happening last night- crunch time for the engine rendering competition :( looks like i may not be able to make the deadline now!!

3 times in a row this scene has frozen at 43%.  it goes through as a small jpeg just fine, but not at 4000px on the long side as a 32 bit tiff.  i rendered it just fine at 5000 as a 32 bit tiff just the other day though.  what gives?

i read here someone had an automatic up date on their video card which made keyshot freeze for them and rolling it back fixed it, so i pulled out the installation cd for mine and reinstalled the original driver but again, 43%...

opened an earlier file of the model i was working with, thinking maybe it was the materials i had applied, tried it at 4000px 32 bit and it got to 51%.  hmm.

what could be the culprit?

I've taken ray bounces down to 10.. tried different hdrs (just got hdrlight studio, thought maybe it was the problem but i tried the startup hdr too). 

im running windows 7, i72600k, 16gb of ram.  never experienced this problem on even more complicated models with higher render settings. 

mmmster3d

could windows have updated something else and messed something up?  how would I know? 

Dylan

Grasping at straws here, but have you tried reloading the updated driver and trying again? Also, have you tried rendering a different scene in KS to see if that works? Or maybe the same scene at a lower res? Try it at 3000px and if it works you can resample it up in Photoshop. It might get you out of a bind in time for your competition.