LCD/OLED Screen

Started by SRLSR, June 01, 2016, 11:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRLSR

Hi,

I am trying to render an LCD Screen picture on a panel with the use of labels. I tried setting a light behind it, but it just comes out black (understandingly :) ). Could I make the label transparent or am I going about this all wrong?

I have Keyshot 4 btw.

Thanks.
Maciej

Will Gibbons

Quote from: SRLSR on June 01, 2016, 11:43:39 PM
Hi,

I am trying to render an LCD Screen picture on a panel with the use of labels. I tried setting a light behind it, but it just comes out black (understandingly :) ). Could I make the label transparent or am I going about this all wrong?

I have Keyshot 4 btw.

What kind of light material are you using? I can't recall what kind of light materials are available in KS4, but the way to do this is to use an Emissive light material and then apply your graphic as a color texture. This will turn your color pixels into light-emitting pixels. Also, you need Global Illumination to be enabled to get the light to cast onto other geometry in the scene.

If you haven't tried KeyShot 6 yet, I encourage you to download a free trial and try to create your scene using it. You'll see some significant improvements in your results! :)

Thanks.
Maciej

LayC42

I'm sure that KeyShot 4 has this emissive material. Then you can use the "screen image" as a color texture. Turn on global illumination and reduce the HDR environment to nearly dark - and your screen will start glowing.

But I'm with Will and prefer an update to the current KS6 Version (6.1.72) or 6.2.xxx in a view days (I hope!)

SRLSR

Thanks, guys. Worked like a charm. I was using labels, while I should've been using textures.

Was thinking about upgrading to 6. Will look into it. :)

Speedster

QuoteWas thinking about upgrading to 6. Will look into it.
Don't just think about it- just do it!  It's light years ahead!  I'm a beta tester, and not from the government, so trust me!
Bill G