Canvas size ... (ref. Photoshop)

Started by PhilippeV8, May 18, 2015, 11:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilippeV8

Would it be possible, to add a function very much similar to Photoshops "canvas size" .. where no changes are made to the camera vs scene position, you just add to the canvas ... with the option to add to all sides, or to the top only, or to the bottom only, etc. etc.  You get the picture if you've used Photoshop ;)

guest84672

Unfortunately this is not how KeyShot works.

andy.engelkemier

Of Course that's now how it works. That's why this is being posted in this area.
But I think it's being miss communicated? If I'm right, this is what you're after?
http://www.peterguthrie.net/blog/2013/01/overscan
Notice, at the bottom, someone made a script for it. In 3dsMax, you can do this one way, but not the other. If you add width, your camera stays put....I think. I can't remember which. But when you add height, well...technically the camera stays put I guess. But what you really want is for the camera to zoom out and adjust it's perspective inversely so the image effectively stays the same. Inversely? Well, maybe I'm bad at math. But the script does Math for you, and you end up with a new camera taking your extents further away from your object, but the render stays pretty much the same.

PhilippeV8

Right .. that's exactly what I'd need.

I make a render .. squared for the cover of a brochure ... then they come ask me to make it a panoramic view for a huge display .. or "can you add more grass at the bottom ??" ... or "we need more sky up top so we can add text" ...

Sometimes the perspective can change some, no problem, but sometimes we'd rather have it stay the same.

andy.engelkemier

oh yeah, I almost forgot. You can Pretty much get that by just changing the field of view. Keyshot already dolly's the camera and adjusts the perspective in opposition to attempt to keep your object stationary. You won't get the Exact same pixels. But enough that you'll be able to blend the two images if one already exists.

PhilippeV8

Perfect, that's interesting :)  Thnx.