Game Mesh Render

Started by MartianGirl, March 26, 2018, 04:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartianGirl

Hi everyone,
Newbie to Keyshot. I have a model that isn't separated and has  a texture map which covers the whole model.My question is about how to get a good render as I don't have separate parts to add materials to it.
Is there a way to make a mask for the texture map,so I can add different materials to different layers? I have a colour id map but don't know how it would work in keyshot.
Many thanks :)

INNEO_MWo

Without any example it would be very difficult to help you.
I would give the material graph and color key mask node a try.

Depending of the complexity of the model and texture you can also manipulate several copies of this texture with a graphic tool and bring'em into your scene.

May share your result?!

Cheers
Marco

TGS808

So... you have a texture map that covers the entire, unseparated model... is the model UV mapped?  If so, you can apply the to map the model using the UV mapping mode. It will respect the UV coordinates set in the program that was used to create the map. Load your color ID map into the diffuse or color channel (depending material type) and choose UV from the "mapping type" menu. If you don't know where to find that, see the image below.

If that is not an option, you can use the "Edit Geometry" feature in KeyShot (and choose "Split Object Surfaces") to separate your model into different parts. (Difficulty will vary depending how complex the model is.) Doing it this way will negate the use of the color map you have but it will allow you to create your own materials in KeyShot and add them to the individual parts once you've separated them. (I think this is a Pro feature so you'd need KeyShot Pro to do it)

This link explains the  "Edit Geometry" feature.
https://luxion.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/K7M/pages/37953324/Geometry+Editor