Project Fails To Load

Started by Marty, September 01, 2015, 08:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marty

I typically work with fairly large projects (5 GB +) consisting mostly of models created in Solidworks.

KeyShot has been very unpredictable for me, and I presume the size of the projects may be a factor, nonetheless... here's the latest snafu.

I did some work on the project and saved. It is 5.1 GB.

Attempts to open the project hang at 2% setup during the file/open sequence.

This is only the latest variation of this sort of issue. In the past, projects would open to a black screen and were unrecoverable. I attempted any and all suggested I could gather from here and other sources (adjusting camera zoom, etc). It got to the point I was saving 3 versions of each project and was thankful if one of them survived to completion.

Something is awry.

I have a fairly robust system that performs a lot of video function and has 64 GB of RAM, SSD system drive, fast SATA drives for data, Win 7, and the latest version of KeyShot.

It's to the point where I can't keep doing this.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.... I hoping for operator error somewhere along the line.

UPDATE: Now instead of merely hanging at Setup, KeyShot stops working and I'm prompted to close the program.

UPDATE: I have replicated this issue on another system (Win 8.1, latest KeyShot version)

Support has requested my project file to inspect first hand, but NDA and file size are issues. I need help to troubleshoot if at all possible. Anyone?

Speedster

Most NDA's allow for "professional associations", and Luxion is very careful to respect that. I have shared many NDA bound projects with them, and they have always bailed me out. Their WeTransfer can handle almost any file size, and 5 gigs should not be a problem. I would not hesitate to ask for their help.
Bill G

Marty

Bill... that's very good advice and I'm going to follow it.

Thanks for taking time to offer your input, I really appreciate it.

Speedster

Not a problem- that's why we're all here!
Bill G