just another automobile

Started by hugo, April 21, 2014, 11:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hugo

not my model! .... next step!  turning the headlights on or off  :)

Adam_M

Image is a good start, but you need to play with materials a lot. The front emblem, the ground, and the backplate all look really noisy. The yellow reflector on the side mirror needs some texture and scale, and the tires don't look like tires at all. In KS4 there is a "tire" and "rubber" material, I usually use this as a base then modify it to where I feel it looks its best.

Good luck!

Adam_M

Quote from: edwardo on April 22, 2014, 05:44:57 AM
Would be great if you could share your scene. I downloaded the model from grabcad, but couldn't get it imported properly (I'm not a solid work user and don't have any plugins etc). Dying to give this a try.

ed

Ed, I tried to PM you but its not working for me for some odd reason. Were you referring to my scene of the aventador?

edwardo

yes, sorry, posted in the wrong bit. will delete

hugo

Quote from: Adam_M on April 22, 2014, 05:10:21 AM
Image is a good start, but you need to play with materials a lot. The front emblem, the ground, and the backplate all look really noisy. The yellow reflector on the side mirror needs some texture and scale, and the tires don't look like tires at all. In KS4 there is a "tire" and "rubber" material, I usually use this as a base then modify it to where I feel it looks its best.

Good luck!

One can also look at the other side of the coin. I was struggling with the same issues you raise:

I dont know why the background ended up grainy, on the other hand, the background is not what is bieng sold.
I have used to use Armour All on my tires, but then again maybe the tires should not take precedence over the car.
The Rubber material renderes totally black, hence the tread was barley visible. Having bought high end performance tires before,
I always looks at tires and tread design on high end cars. The floor is not grainy, but that's how Terrazzo floors reflect light.

regardless I welcome your comments! :)