Crashing unresolved

Started by BoatTech, April 16, 2015, 05:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoatTech

I want to continue this discussion, until we can figure out just what it is that is causing crashes on my system. For the past week, I've uninstalled and installed Keyshot about half a dozen times. I've been instructed to set security settings in all the keyshot folders, update C++, and turn off gpu settings. In all my testings to get it to work, I've just got to share what I've done, and see if the experts can help me find just what is going on.

I continue to get an instant crash when I try to drag a material or environment onto my SolidEdge model. I've also had the same results with the Keyshot demo models, so there's no reason to think it's my SE projects.

Today I found something odd that seems worthy to share: if I COPY a material and paste in into my project, as well as choose Use Environment and adjust settings, I have no crashes today. I've set cores usage to half available on the open page of Keyshot, and let it burn with full cores during rendering. Runs smooth as butter. So, I see no reason for claiming any hardware issues.

This crashing issue started first of last week, and I've looked for any software or microsoft updates that might be the culprit, and haven't found anything yet. There is SOMETHING going on, but right now tech support hasn't taken a whole lot of time to really try to help me out. I'm not saying they don't care, it's just they aren't asking too many questions, or offering anything more than "typical troubleshoot for crashes/error messages" in the last email communication.

BoatTech

I'll add another odd thing I'm seeing: when I try to open or save, and Keyshot opens the folder to chose where you want to go, it doesn't show any folders, most of the time. I'll take a screenshot, and see if I can explain better with a picture......

dadabase

Getting the same problem here. Drag and drop materials crashes immediately. Open and Save menus need to be opened twice to see file/folder list. Very frustrating.

BoatTech

Sorry to hear, but also glad that I'm not alone and maybe technical support can move forward with this issue.

Rex

Have you searched your GPU manufacturers website for a driver update? Sometime the updates do not show in Windows Update and you have to search direct from the source and download manually.

BoatTech

Yep. Tried finding an update 3 times, chip maker shows I have the latest drivers.

guest84672

Since it worked before and stopped working all of sudden the issue must be graphics driver related. What version of Windows are you running?