Computer Going to sleep while rendering queue

Started by SRLSR, April 26, 2015, 11:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRLSR

Hi,

Fist time poster here. Not sure if this is the right place to ask this. :)

I have a DELL m6700 with win7 x64 laptop at work and usually if I need some quality renders I let them run overnight or over the weekend.
Now, I've noticed that if I set the quality (time) to higher than 6 hours - it goes to sleep on me. (Not even in between renders, but at random stages.)
Anyone else had this problem? Surely this is no Keyshot issue, merely a Windows one, but maybe someone can help me either way.

For whatever reason the 'Sleep Mode After...(plugged in)' is grayed out in my Energy Settings. On one hand it is set in stone for 6h, which could be a clue, but then again it doesn't go to sleep after exactly 6h, but seemingly randomly. :/

KS-Nulpe

I've had this happen today. Left my Laptop to render the whole Weekend, and it did so fine, but today my render from 2 hrs. ago stopped due to sleep mode of Laptop. Haven't changed system settings or KS-settings nor run an update on either, either.

Rex

Try adjusting the sleep settings from the Power Options>Advanced Settings. I have mine set to 0 so the computer never goes to sleep. In the same dialog set your processor power management>minimum processor state to %100 so KeyShot won't see a reduction in power with computer inactivity.

Hope that helps!

Morten Kristensen

Hi guys,

We have precautions in place for default rendering in KeyShot that clears the sleep mode flags at intervals, i.e. stopping it from going into sleep mode.

Did you do a default or background rendering when it fell asleep?
If it was not a default rendering then it is an OS thing.

Thanks!

Morten Kristensen

Based on your feedback I have now implemented sleep prevention for background rendering as well (KS6).

andy.engelkemier

Your system admin might block you from changing that.
BUT, it won't go to sleep if you keep moving your mouse......or if your computer Thinks you're moving your mouse.
At my last job I used a lightweight program called "mouse mover" which is so generically named that it's pretty hard to find now. But there are tons of "mouse jigglers" out there to do just that.
Don't have the mouse click. Just make sure it moves 20 pixels or so every 5 minutes when you're rendering.

SRLSR

Thanks andy - I will do that.
It seems I cannot change the power settings (even tried running cmd as admin and powercfg -x standby-timeout-dc 0 - still failed)

I forgot about this topic and googled my own question today. :)

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: SRLSR on March 10, 2016, 08:22:25 AM
I forgot about this topic and googled my own question today. :)

Haha, wow. You are patient guy :D