Geometry corrupted when opening a bip file

Started by Rob Woods, December 23, 2015, 12:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Woods

Since the KeyShot 6 upgrade I'm having major problems with assemblies becoming corrupt when I re-open a bip file, it's costing me a whole lot of time as I can't see any other way but to start again from a fresh import.

You can see from the attached screen grab that the assembly seems to be exploded, it was completely assembled when I saved and quit the application (I'm on a Mac BTW).  This model is about a Gig, I have others pushing 8GB with the same problems, I hope it's not file size that's the issue, I've been able to use similar files in KeyShot 5 without problems.  Anyone have an idea of what's going on or even if there's a way to recover the file?  Looks like I've got a lot more work to do over Christmas than I was expecting!

Thanks peeps

Rob

INNEO_MWo

That situation isn't funny.
Try to load your ks5 bios into a fresh new scene.
Maybe you have access to a ks5?! Open your scene in ks5 and save it as a package (ksp) and use that in ks6.

May that helps

(written on a mobile device)

Rob Woods

Quote from: MWo on December 23, 2015, 01:46:33 AM
That situation isn't funny.
Try to load your ks5 bios into a fresh new scene.
Maybe you have access to a ks5?! Open your scene in ks5 and save it as a package (ksp) and use that in ks6.

May that helps

(written on a mobile device)

Thanks for the reply.  Not sure what you mean by KS5 bios...  If I try to open or import the KS6 file into KS5 I get an error stating that the file needs to be opened in a newer version as I'd expect.  How do you load the KS6 file into KS5?

TpwUK

Thanks for the reply.  Not sure what you mean by KS5 bios...  If I try to open or import the KS6 file into KS5 I get an error stating that the file needs to be opened in a newer version as I'd expect.  How do you load the KS6 file into KS5?

He means load the scene into KS5 then export it out as a KSP file to load into KS6 and see if it resolves your issue :)

Martin

Rob Woods

Quote from: TpwUK on December 23, 2015, 06:27:37 AM

He means load the scene into KS5 then export it out as a KSP file to load into KS6 and see if it resolves your issue :)

Martin

Thats what I thought, though the KS6 file will not open into KS5 - unless you know something I don't...?

theAVator

Was it originally built in KS6, or was something you started in KS5 and then upgraded and now are opening it in KS6?

If it was created originally in KS6, then their comments don't apply.

If it was created originally in KS5, saved, then you upgraded, and then opened the KS5 file in KS6 and it became messed up- then their comments apply. They're saying: go back to the original KS5 file, open it in KS5, export it as a package, then go back to KS6 and open the package. See if that works - packaging the file adds some other files and things that just saving a .bip doesn't include. So sometimes if that stuff isn't there, the conversion to a KS6 file gets goofed up.

Are you in the default scene set, or is there a messed up scene set that it's opening? Is there something down in the position/translation area that's getting values it shouldn't have?

TpwUK

If i am right, MWo was saying ti import original geometry into KS5, then save as KS5 package file to bring into KS6 as a native BIP. If the corruption doesn't happen in KS5, then all should be good in KS6 from that point on. :)

Have a great Christmas guys

Martin