Main Menu

Geometry bug?

Started by maf1909, June 02, 2016, 08:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maf1909

I've had this happen on this product a few times now, and the only way I can seem to fix it is to bring in new parts again.  Keyshot adds weird extra triangles to some of my parts occasionally, that weren't there when I brought the model in originally, and weren't there when I closed the file yesterday afternoon, they appeared when I opened the file this morning.  The models were originally imported from SolidWorks with tessellation quality of 1 plus accurate tessellation turne on as well as import NURBS data , then duplicated and moved in the scene, and grouped by appearance, so the model probably isn't linked to the SolidWorks model anymore.

Anyone had the same problem and know what causes it or how to fix it?

Turning on NURBS mode seems to get rid of the extra junk, so maybe that's the solution?

EDIT:  I tried the file again and it said it was broken and couldn't load the scene at all, so it opened an empty scene. Restarted my computer, and it doesn't have those errors anymore.  Is there some sort of caching issue in keyshot that could be the culprit?

guest84672

Can you send us this model so we can take a look?

maf1909

Quote from: thomasteger on June 02, 2016, 11:14:49 AM
Can you send us this model so we can take a look?

which would you like, the keyshot bundle, or the SolidWorks file?  Or both?  And where would you like it sent?

guest84672

All I need is the SW file. Send it directly to me, please - thomas@luxion.com.

Thanks!

guest84672

Got it. Looks fine in 6.2.

maf1909

Quote from: thomasteger on June 02, 2016, 01:37:44 PM
Got it. Looks fine in 6.2.

Hopefully just an odd glitch that restarting the computer fixes.  It did earlier today anyway.

guest84672

yes - that is definitely odd. We ran it both on Win and Mac., all combinations, without hick-up. Except when trying to import "cached geometry". Then it failed. Looking into it.