Very low FPS at standard view 'right' in orthographic mode

Started by Esben Oxholm, January 20, 2017, 09:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esben Oxholm

Hi.

When in orthographic mode the 'right'-standard view has a way lower FPS than when selecting the other standard views.
See attached.

This applies to several scenes that I just tried out.
I'm on macOS Sierra 10.12.2 (16C67) and Keyshot 6.3.19

Best,

Will Gibbons

Hey Esben, is this consistent across more than one scene/file?

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Will Gibbons on January 20, 2017, 09:54:49 AM
Hey Esben, is this consistent across more than one scene/file?
Yup. Just tried a few more scenes. In all of them, the 'right' view is a lot slower than the rest of the views.
In one of the scenes KeyShot even crashes when 'right' view is selected, but not with any of the other.

dselvaraj

I have this very same issue on all files, but worse. Keyshot always crashes whenever I try to put it in 'Right' orthographic view. My workaround has been to setup a custom orthographic camera for the right view with 0.001 inclination instead of 0.

It is only on the Mac version of Keyshot, not the Windows. Same file when opened on Windows works fine.

I run Keyshot Pro 6.3.23 on macOS 10.11.6

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: dselvaraj on February 27, 2017, 07:09:19 AM
I have this very same issue on all files, but worse. Keyshot always crashes whenever I try to put it in 'Right' orthographic view. My workaround has been to setup a custom orthographic camera for the right view with 0.001 inclination instead of 0.

It is only on the Mac version of Keyshot, not the Windows. Same file when opened on Windows works fine.

I run Keyshot Pro 6.3.23 on macOS 10.11.6
Mine tend to crash as well when using the 'right' standard view. I've stopped using the standard views for the same reason and are dialling in the numbers myself. A bit annoying, but better than a crash :)

philw

Was there ever any thoughts on this? This crash is really causing me time loss today ..... grrrrrr....

guest84672

Interesting. I was able to reproduce it. Didn't get a crash, but the realtime window becomes totally unresponsive. Looking at this with a particular scene in KeyShot 7 now.

guest84672