Learning still - Ferrari

Started by PrasanDR, September 27, 2016, 06:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrasanDR

Hey guys :) just thought I'd put up the Ferrari 488 GTB GT3 I had spent the day working on. Was learning how to post pro edit using GIMP, and I guess this is as far as I got. Always open to suggestions and advice/feedback on it. Have a nice day!

ps. Studio shot wasn't really edited much out of these two. :)

o9p

These Look pretty darn good to me. On the second render, looks like you could raise the model up ever so slightly. The very bottom of the wheels looked a tiny bit clipped on the ground plane. Other than that, I might try boosting the samples bit a few hundred to get rid of those last few artifacts in the shadows.

Looks great, keep posting
~o9p

Josh3D

A few small things here and there, but I think these are looking great!

- Some of the reflections (passenger side, hood) in the first shot are a tad distracting
- Some detail gets lost in the darker areas
- Some slight tessellation here and there

PrasanDR

Quote from: o9p on September 27, 2016, 08:06:50 AM
These Look pretty darn good to me. On the second render, looks like you could raise the model up ever so slightly. The very bottom of the wheels looked a tiny bit clipped on the ground plane. Other than that, I might try boosting the samples bit a few hundred to get rid of those last few artifacts in the shadows.

Looks great, keep posting
~o9p

Thankyou for the feedback! My mistake, I didnt actually realize that I had pushed the car that far into the ground plane until you pointed out, I appreciate it :) as for the tesselation, my computer was not co-operating with me on renders recently, run into an issue which causes randomly Keyshot to crash without any notice or reason (that I've been able to figure out why) so even getting low quality renders was a huge struggle :')

PrasanDR

Quote from: Josh Mings on September 27, 2016, 08:26:53 AM
A few small things here and there, but I think these are looking great!

- Some of the reflections (passenger side, hood) in the first shot are a tad distracting
- Some detail gets lost in the darker areas
- Some slight tessellation here and there

Thank you Josh! Always happy to hear your feedback and suggestions, super helpful indeed!