keyshot crashes on bumpmapping

Started by schneich, September 22, 2015, 09:21:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schneich

every time i try do do some tiny bump map scratches keyshot will Crash like this...

cheers from cologne

t.

schneich

can someone please help me with those errorcodes...  ??   :(

TpwUK

The first error reports Access Violation which would suggest to me it's either a networking or permissions problem. Might be worth looking into but I am no expert on KS Error Codes so I don't know if i am right :/

Martin

schneich

after this and a message STILL no word from keyshot.... :-(

Chad Holton

Have you sent it to bugs@luxion.com, as mentioned in the screenshot? If not, do you have any other information on how to recreate the crash?

schneich

hi chad,

i get this crash very often, most of the time when i fiddle around with material properties or mapping. i never get it in lightening Editor or in rendering... i use the actual version of keyshot on a z820 dual Xeon e5-2680v2 with Windows 10 pro installed...

please help :-(

t.

Chad Holton

Hi T.,

Thanks for the information. Sorry if I missed it but what KeyShot version are you using exactly (e.g. 5.1.2)? Also, would you be able to send a simple test file (KSP) that includes the texture(s) used to: support@luxion.com

Please send to my attention.

Thanks,
Chad

schneich

hi chad,

i use Version 5.3 and the crashes happen to me on every document i work on. keyshot is pretty much unusable right now so please give me a hint.....

cheers

torsten

schneich

and by the way i have huge problems to post on this Forum, there are always Errors...

Chad Holton

Thanks for the additional information, Torsten. So the crash is more random and not necessarily associated with textures? Has the crashes started recently? If so, do you recall any hardware or software changes?

Chad

schneich

hi chad,

yes the crashes happen since i got my z820....  mostly when iam working with textures but sometimes also when starting to render or working the camera and Environment....

cheers

torsten

Chad Holton

I'm guessing it might be hardware related - Are you using a touch screen monitor, wacom tablet/mouse or spaceball?