AutoCAD .dwg 3D import into Keyshot

Started by JenniferBurke, May 31, 2018, 10:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JenniferBurke

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some advice/help. This may be a little hard to explain but I'll try my best.
Our 3D Models are created in AutoCAD as a .dwg. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this, but when I import 1 chair into Keyshot, the Units come in as Metric. Then I take that same chair and add a table to the .dwg, import and it comes in as Inches. I've asked the experts at Keyshot already, and they said the problem would lie inside AutoCAD for whatever Units are specified. Our 3Ds/blocks I've been told by my company's programmers are all Unitless and they have no idea what's causing Keyshot to read 1 chair as metric and a chair and table as inches either. I'm hoping someone out here can shed some light on this anomaly? I have attached both .dwgs for review. I also wanted to note that my team knows to check the Units first and switch them to Inches in Keyshot before apply materials. Which is great, and works, but I just want to understand why this is happening. Thanks!

bdesign

Hi Jennifer-

Newer versions of AutoCAD are not unitless. Issue this command:  -DWGUNITS  to check/change the units.

Cheers,
Eric

JenniferBurke

Hi Eric, our templates are in Inches, the blocks themselves are created unitless, did you open my .dwgs?