Main Menu

Product Renders

Started by chinustud, June 08, 2017, 11:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chinustud

I have been just tinkering around while rendering a product for manufacturing company. Critics welcome.

Modeled in Solidworks. Rendered in Keyshot and Post in Photoshop.

Will Gibbons

My critique would be that the perspective seems slightly off in the composite image. Looks like you'd be seeing more of the top of the device. Also, the darkness and softness of the shadow doesn't quite match the shadow cast by the iPhone. Nice brushed texture on the device!

mattjgerard

Man, looks great, the only thing that caught my eye is the texture that is wrapping around the front edge of the case, seems that would be a different texture, not have so much of the brushed look. Other than that looks great!

chinustud

Quote from: Will Gibbons on June 09, 2017, 05:23:05 AM
My critique would be that the perspective seems slightly off in the composite image. Looks like you'd be seeing more of the top of the device. Also, the darkness and softness of the shadow doesn't quite match the shadow cast by the iPhone. Nice brushed texture on the device!

Thanks Wills for the pointer and the compliment. Can you please tip me on how to get perfection on the perspective when compositing with a backplate?

Quote from: mattjgerard on June 09, 2017, 05:46:03 AM
Man, looks great, the only thing that caught my eye is the texture that is wrapping around the front edge of the case, seems that would be a different texture, not have so much of the brushed look. Other than that looks great!

Thanks for the compliment man. Yes, I too noticed that the texture on the front side is a bit off. I must have missed placing the texture there properly and getting the UVs correct.

Will Gibbons

I don't have any tips that are simple solutions. You can try using the match backplate tools, but there are times when something just looks correct and other times seem off a bit.