Main Menu

Bip Thumbnails

Started by multitech, June 24, 2015, 07:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

multitech

Hi Guys,

It would be great if Keyshot would display thumbnails in the Open Menu like on the Recently Opened Menu.  And also create thumbnails for use with Windows Explorer thumbnail view modes.

Mike  8)

jeffw

From what I see using Windows 7 64 bit, it already does this. My windows explorer view is set to large ions and I see thumbnails of all Keyshot scenes. Similarly when I am in the open dialog box and it is set to large icons I see the same keyshot thumbnails. The only ones that do not show as thumbnails seem to be my old scene files that have not been opened and saved in the latest version of Keyshot.

multitech

Hi Jeff,

I have my Windows 7 64 Explorer set to large icon mode and I still get the Keyshot default icon instead of a thumbnail.  New KS5 saves still don't update the icon to a thumbnail.  I didn't see any settings in the preferences to enable thumbnails.

I had problems with Solidworks 2013 not showing thumbnails for automatically saved parts from an imported assembly until I opened each one and saved them manually.

Mike   8)

jeffw

Mike,

I am at a loss to explain this. I have the same settings and as you can see mine show up as large icons.

Jeff

multitech

I uninstalled my KS5 float and a previous KS5 standalone demo.  Reinstalled just the KS5 float and now I have thumbnails.  I think there was a Windows Explorer file association conflict with the two installs.

Mike  ;D