Processor on full throttle all the time. Is this normal?

Started by pixelboy, March 21, 2015, 06:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixelboy

Hello everyone,

I am new to keyshot 5 and running it on a brand new laptop; Quadcore i7, 16gb ram, nvidia 970m, windows 8.1

Problem: When I import any model (solidworks or even the sample BIP model that comes with keyshot) My computer kicks into full throttle running the cpu at 100%. This is just rotating the model around the scene and applying materials. Even when I just let it sit and let the real time render view catch up its at 100% cpu use. My fans are on constantly runnung and its really loud and annoying. I understand that when you actually do the real render it'll use all your cores assigned. But never have I seen it use all 100% just in the scene set up. Is this a windows 8 issue or keyshot? Is there a setting? Thanks

TpwUK

Top left corner is a drop down box for selecting the number of cores to use. But yes the default is full steam ahead :)

Martin

guest84672

As soon as you load a model KeyShot will render using all the cores you assign at 100%.

Speedster

I'm running 32 cores on my BOXX, so I reserve 2 cores for all my other work and let KeyShot have 30.  Works great!
Bill G