Main Menu

Happy Haloween

Started by edwardo, October 27, 2014, 07:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edwardo

Happy Haloween keyshooters!

I'v been experimenting with what can be done with face painting alone (and backdrop image). Here is the first one... "Sad Clown". I'll post more results as I crank them out.

Happy guising
Ed

TpwUK

Looking good edwardo :)

Martin

Will Gibbons

Sorry, I'm not familiar with what you mean by face painting? Are you actually applying these colors to the model in Keyshot alone? Looks good.

Quote from: edwardo on October 27, 2014, 07:06:25 AM
Happy Haloween keyshooters!

I'v been experimenting with what can be done with face painting alone (and backdrop image). Here is the first one... "Sad Clown". I'll post more results as I crank them out.

Happy guising
Ed

patokali

edwardo

HI, no not painting directly in Keyshot. I downloaded the model eons ago and have since 'wrinkled' him up a bit in zbrush (geometry only). In keyshot I took a quick screen grab from the front (orthographic view) then put that in photoshop and painted over it in a new layer(s). Then just export the layer(s) as a PNG and apply in keyshot as a material in the 'color' section (planer z). You can then continue to work on it in photoshop, and save it out with the same name then hit the update texture icon in keyshot properties windows. Quick and dirty!

Will Gibbons

Thanks for sharing your process edwardo, that makes sense. Not a method I've used before and eager to try it out. Looks like a practical approach to get some organic looking results.

edwardo

Yea, its just that I don't have the UV layout for the model, and not yet sure how to go about making my own (I come from a NURBS product modelling background and NO rendering background, until keyshot came about). So I'm setting about trying to get my head around the whole UV thing, and also figuring out some cheap and dirty 'low tech' approaches - such as this. It would seem that trying to create UV's and paint up a NURBS model is a headache!

The PNG's used are amazingly crude! so quite pleased with the results considering the minimal effort put in. I'll attach one...

edwardo

anothder

feher

These are great !!!!!!
Perfect for the season.
They are keepers
Thanks for sharing
Tim

edwardo

thanks Tim. Now got to go and spend the day hollowing out pumpkins for my niece ... Joy!

blender974