My Render for a competition!

Started by sebbeL, October 06, 2015, 07:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebbeL

This is a render for a competition and its also the first time i made the background  in 3d and not a backplate

PhilippeV8

Hmmz .. a 3D scene, but still you got reflection and lighting from a (recognisable) HDRI ?

sebbeL

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on October 06, 2015, 07:33:48 AM
Hmmz .. a 3D scene, but still you got reflection and lighting from a (recognisable) HDRI ?
aa thats true, i mean i did't se a backplate for the first time :D

Despot

The colour of the car is very nice :)

But like Philippe said, the modelled setting and lighting don't match too well

J

sebbeL

Quote from: Despot on October 06, 2015, 09:44:22 AM
The colour of the car is very nice :)

But like Philippe said, the modelled setting and lighting don't match too well

J

he didn't say that they dont match xd but its just a hdri so it match from how i palced it xd?

PhilippeV8

I'm afraid I kinda did ...........  ;)

What I'd expect from using a full 3D environement, is that you have a nearly dark HDRI around the whole scene.  All light .. all reflections should come from the 3D environement.  This aproach is not the fastest way to go, but if you need plenty of renders and plenty of camera angles, then this does pay off.  Cuz both lighting and reflections will ALWAYS be real and convincing no matter how you turn your camera.

Also for automotive rendering, lighting is key .. it needs to be placed such that it shows and higlights every curve or shape in your cars bodywork.  I'm telling you, sure .. but can I do it myself ?  (NO!)  It's hard, for sure .. but there are people around here that can .. and they can probably help out with some pointers to get you started on the learning-curve.

Despot

Quotehe didn't say that they dont match xd but its just a hdri so it match from how i palced it xd?[/q]

Philippe and I just phrased it differently that's all :)

For me, in your competition entry, my eye is looking more at the reflective glass and the huge expanse of floor between it and the car.

And I would try different HDR's to get more cohesive feel to the setting and lighting

J

sebbeL

Guys ty for the tips. i will still learnkeyshot and try to improve :)