Paul Garcia images

Started by Paul Garcia, November 25, 2016, 11:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Garcia

Hey Guys....My name is Paul Garcia. New member here. My background....I have been a retoucher for the past 15 years mainly for print production for the studios here in Los Angeles. Hoping to transition into Automotive retouching.  Intermediate 3D user ( I know enough to get around ). Texturing and compositing is what I enjoy but was very time consuming for me (in 3D) until I found Keyshot. What a difference it has made. Just finished building a portfolio of images. All done in combination with Keyshot. Any constructive feedback appreciated.

All the car models I bought online. A few of the backplates I bought from BigStock but most are composites I put together using lots of photos. Everything else I did. Virtual Rig, HDRLight Studio, Keyshot, and Photoshop to composite everything together.

Big thanks to Tim Feher for his webinars which I watched over and over (and over some more)....and to the gallery pages for some inspiring work. love it!

Paul Garcia

Dylan

Excellent work. The blur in the second last image looks odd to me on the far left, but otherwise I have no crits.

Paul Garcia

Quote from: Dylan on November 27, 2016, 01:47:11 PM
Excellent work. The blur in the second last image looks odd to me on the far left, but otherwise I have no crits.

thanks Dylan....looking at that image you mentioned,the angle of the blur doesn't look quite right... thanks I'm going to fix that for my portfolio

HilaryAndrews

Awesome pictures. Loved it. You totally nailed it. Thanks for sharing here.

Paul Garcia

Thanks Hilary :)....I have a few more in mind that I want to work on

SebasDesign

These are looking great! Like Dylan pointed out the blur on that image (and I might add the second image) is looking a bit weird, looks like that honda is about to crash into that barrier.
The ligting on some of this images looks awesome, but (for me) it doesn't really fit in others like the green G Wagen and a little on the F12... the G wagen is lit with cold lights and the whole background is warm tones, and in the case of the F12 I think the missing reflections of the building next to it throws me off.

But enough critics, I have to say the first MC12 image looks AWESOME! My favorite. Also loved the AMG GT3, the range rover and the VW golf

Paul Garcia

Thanks for the comments Sebas!....

the Honda...its supposed to be changing lanes. The reason is I wanted to show more of the side of the car so I kept cheating the perspective.  In this case the side of the car looks better to me than the rear end but it does look like it is going to crash  :(. I may add center stripe and turn on turn signals or put it in a different bkg :)

the Ferrari Berlinetta.....Of late I have been studying a lot of car advertising images. One of the things that stands out is the lack of realistic reflections. They get rid of them.I have a friend who use to assist on car shoots and he says the art director always wanted to get rid of reflections that interrupted the body lines of the car. I am still struggling with this concept. I think I will play around with the ferrari and see if I can put some in.

thanks for your feedback!

Josh3D

Hey Paul! Welcome. Thanks for sharing your work and the insight on the car reflections - love the process breakdown too. Look forward to seeing more!

Paul Garcia

Thanks Josh....I'm loving Keyshot! I especially like the webinars and the forum....learning alot

guest84672

Definitely some good images in there already! Keep it up and keep it coming!

Paul Garcia

Thanks Thomas....lots to learn, love it

Hossein Alfideh

well done! maserati shots are my favorite ! very nice!
there is something about the tesla shot, the back plate is a bit weird to me.
the camera setup and how the street is blured makes me feel like I'm driving (because of the fading) and crash into the Tesla an I'm sure I will 100% die in a second!  :D
when you want to use motion blur remember if the camera is moving with the car ,the car does not fade but the environment will fade with the wheels!
the whole car fades when the camera stands still and you should not blur the back plate!

I hope to see more of your work in future.
cheers

Paul Garcia

Thanks Hossein for your input...thats the second image someone has said the car looks like it is going to crash....I think I should switch to race car scenes  :)
It could be an issue with the composition. That one may still need some tweaking.  I can always get better at composition. I am working on some more images.  Fun to play around.