Drift King - Kids' drift trike

Started by Magnus Skogsfjord, January 13, 2018, 05:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus Skogsfjord

Hello all,

I've worked in between customer work the last week with a kids trike drifter design by designer Carl Andre Nørstebø. He makes sketches like crazy (several a day), so i asked if I could use them as inspiration to model it up in NX. If you're interested, you can check out his instagram feed here: https://www.instagram.com/kadabracarl/

Anyway, I wanted to do a detail shot since it's been a while I've done that, which really is the most fun I'm having in terms of rendering. Even got a little weld going on there! Hope you guys like it.

(some images are high res, so a zoom might be worth a look)

TGS808

Magnus, you are amongst those who never disappoint. These look fantastic! And that weld is sweet!!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: TGS808 on January 13, 2018, 09:21:19 AM
Magnus, you are amongst those who never disappoint. These look fantastic! And that weld is sweet!!
Wooh, thank you so much! Really kind of you to say. Such encouragement is very appreciated :)

Will Gibbons

Yup, you're a heavy-hitter for sure! Love the playfulness here! And great attention to detail.

TGS808

Had to come back for another look. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the awesome material work. All the little imperfections on the worn red paint, the scuffs from the brake pad on the wheel (insane!) and the overall quality of the metals really help sell the realism. Great use of DoF too. Happy to offer encouragement. It's top quality work like this that inspires the rest of us.   :D

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Will Gibbons on January 13, 2018, 05:14:41 PM
Yup, you're a heavy-hitter for sure! Love the playfulness here! And great attention to detail.
Thank you Will! Means a lot to hear!

Quote from: TGS808 on January 13, 2018, 06:09:03 PM
Had to come back for another look. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the awesome material work. All the little imperfections on the worn red paint, the scuffs from the brake pad on the wheel (insane!) and the overall quality of the metals really help sell the realism. Great use of DoF too. Happy to offer encouragement. It's top quality work like this that inspires the rest of us.   :D
Well I got to say I'm honored to hear that, and very grateful. Words like these that makes it so encouraging to continue.  Like Will stated in a previous post, it's easy to beat yourself up once in a while and feel like you are stagnating. Thank you!

imikej

Awesomeness in every shot, Magnus!  Love the weld.  It reminds me of how beautiful and perfect Ti welds are from bike maker Moots.  You've created great, inspiring work!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: imikej on January 16, 2018, 12:34:14 PM
Awesomeness in every shot, Magnus!  Love the weld.  It reminds me of how beautiful and perfect Ti welds are from bike maker Moots.  You've created great, inspiring work!
Thank you so much man! Means a lot!

NM-92

Superb work man. Nothing to add, just showing my support. It's been a while since i rendered something cause i was on holidays, and this makes me want to tackle a new project soon !

Hossein Alfideh

Well I'm late as always but I knew what was I going to look for on forum since I saw this on your IG!
It's all said Magnus.Mind Blown!
Keep up the great work dude!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: NM-92 on January 17, 2018, 10:17:57 AM
Superb work man. Nothing to add, just showing my support. It's been a while since i rendered something cause i was on holidays, and this makes me want to tackle a new project soon !
Cheers man! I always appreciate the support :) Thank you!

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on January 19, 2018, 02:38:00 AM
Well I'm late as always but I knew what was I going to look for on forum since I saw this on your IG!
It's all said Magnus.Mind Blown!
Keep up the great work dude!
Well it's still valued, no matter how late! Thank you, it means a lot.

Will Gibbons

That red occlusion pass on blue background reminds me of the high-density foam we used when I was in school for ID. I remember having to pick my jaw up off the floor after learning how expensive that was. After spending my food money for the week on a block of that foam, cutting it up to make models and seeing how much of it went to waste made me want to go back to my dorm and drown myself in a tub of my own tears. That is all. #storiesfromthepast

Arian Shamil

Great model and outstanding renders!!!!! Great job