Impeller and Fluid simulation

Started by Magnus Skogsfjord, March 16, 2018, 04:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus Skogsfjord

Hi,

As I was modeling an impeller in NX, I realized I could dive into (so to speak) the fluid simulation in Blender which I've been wanting for a while. I knew it was gonna be some sweat and cuss words in the process, but I think I ended up with a decent first try.

The closed impeller is for a centrifugal pump, and I've sectioned out a couple of slots to be able to see the waterflow.

Hope you like it.

Pouya Hosseinzadeh

mattjgerard

Man that looks good. I messed with the RealFlow plug in for Cinema years back, and man what a chore it was. And slow. Its gotten so much faster, the algorithms cleaner and more realistic and most of all the user interfaces have gotten understandable where stuff makes sense without getting a degree in fluid dynamics to understand the terminology.

Pretty neat stuff, and the metal work looks great too.

Robb63

Can that be animated in Keyshot?
I'm not familiar with it to know if it is for still images, or animations.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: PouyaHosseinzadeh on March 16, 2018, 05:01:47 AM
Awesome indeed. Love this shot!
Cheers man! Appreciate it!

Quote from: mattjgerard on March 16, 2018, 05:28:18 AM
Man that looks good. I messed with the RealFlow plug in for Cinema years back, and man what a chore it was. And slow. Its gotten so much faster, the algorithms cleaner and more realistic and most of all the user interfaces have gotten understandable where stuff makes sense without getting a degree in fluid dynamics to understand the terminology.

Pretty neat stuff, and the metal work looks great too.
Thank you man! I haven't tried RealFlow, but from the teasers and showreels I've seen it seems to be the industry standard for fluid simulations? I hope it isn't as painful as Blender though. Then again, any complex software has it's barriers to climb before one is to master it. KeyShot is a rare gem in that context. I remember having fluid dynamics at my university..Boy that was a complex subject.

Quote from: Robb63 on March 16, 2018, 05:33:45 AM
Can that be animated in Keyshot?
I'm not familiar with it to know if it is for still images, or animations.
I would imagine you could do it somehow, as the fluid simulation in blender makes a time-based baked result. I have no idea how to export/import it though, but it would be really cool.

JimmyToTheBe

This is very cool. Neeed to get into some fluid simulations. Nice work Magnus

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: JimmyToTheBe on March 16, 2018, 06:22:19 AM
This is very cool. Neeed to get into some fluid simulations. Nice work Magnus
Thank you Jimmy!

emachielsen

I have done something similar by Rodelta Pumps International.
This is made in keyshot.

kiarash.tamizkar

Magnus Skogsfjord

Will Gibbons

Great image! And that stainless.... spot-on!

Hossein Alfideh

Magnus Skogsfjord