Viewsets turn into Cameras randomly.

Started by DMerz III, February 04, 2016, 08:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMerz III

I've held off on reporting this problem until I knew for sure it was actually happening. There's been several instances where I will make a new VIEWSET, and distinctly remember hitting the viewset button, NOT the CAMERA button. Even the icon next to the title is a viewset icon, not a camera. I'll do some work, render some out, perhaps save the file, and come back later and discover my viewset is now a camera, which means the environment settings I had attached to it, no longer accompany these camera settings. It's repeatedly happened to me, and on more than one file. I cannot figure out what/when this change is occurring. I haven't noticed it happening until it is too late.

I am DEAD certain that I have been hitting the new viewset button, in fact, I never work with just camera's in my workflow.

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem? All of my files are unfortunately confidential and I cannot share. If I had time to work on a non-confidential file and encounter the bug, I would share.

Windows 7, custom-built BOXX workstation.
Keyshot 6.1 PRO

Unsure when the change is happening. My most recent action was probably saving last night before I left the office. Before that, I had set up a queue using the 'ADD CAMERAS' option under the queue, and processed the queue.

DMerz III

Some further information. I know the change must have happened BEFORE setting up the last queue.

I had setup two colorways to render. The "white" version queue rendered fine, so the viewset in question must have still been a viewset. However, on the "black" version, the render in question had loaded a previous environment with it, meaning at some point during that transition of the colorways (ie turning on and off different parts in the part tree) my viewset changed to a camera, and when I 'added cameras' to the queue, it added 7 viewsets and 1 camera.

cadjockey

I think I had it happen once but assumed it was me.  I setup the view sets and added all to the render queue, but the renders were using the first environment not the ones from the view sets. Now I use the save view set button a couple of times and haven't seen it again.  Don't remember the icons

Rich