Monitor Suggestions?

Started by Will Gibbons, December 16, 2014, 04:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Gibbons

Hopefully this is relevant to be allowed here.

Looking at a new monitor/s and would like to get opinions of those here who use Keyshot regularly and specifically for their job.
I just sold my secondary monitor (long story) and am now down to a single 21.5" 1920x1080p monitor. At my 9-5, I had two 24" Dell Ultrasharps and now that I'm back down to a single monitor, It's really slowing me down... I hate it. So, new monitor time!! :D

I'd like to go to a higher pixel density (not always the case with a higher pixel count) and more screen real estate than I have now. As a designer who's doing a combination of web, print and 3d, color accuracy is quite important to me. I may be able to settle for a 28" monitor, but that'd be on the small size as I've grown accustomed to having one screen dedicated to toolbars and menus or secondary application and one for actual working space.

My budget is small enough that the larger monitors with a decently high ppi (4 and 5K) are out of range. Also, I know NEC and Eizo are supposedly awesome, but I can't afford those in the larger size or higher resolution.

I've noticed most companies offer some 'special enhanced color' version of a couple of their monitors... does this justify the jump in price, or is it just some factory calibration thing...? I do calibrate my monitors using a Spyder 4 elite calibrator, so I'll be able to calibrate anything I end up buying.

Thoughts on how to make my ballpark $1200 get me something I'll be happy with?

Thanks to those who can tell me about a monitor they love near my budget.

TpwUK

Samsung offer some good decent sized monitors at reasonable prices

Martin