Main Menu

Shelby VR

Started by feher, January 12, 2015, 03:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

I know I have been doing this Shelby for the last few posts, but I just wanted to share the VR I made of it. I'll move onto something new after this.
Promise.... :o
Enjoy
Tim

keyshot.com/vr/ShelbyCobra/ShelbyCobra.html

Ed

That is super Tim - it jumps right off the screen, and no 3D glasses needed :)

How do you get that nice seamless blend between the floor and the background?

Ed Ferguson

Arian Shamil

It's wonderul Tim!!!!
I love to see this VR!!!!
8)

Will Gibbons

So sick! I'm also curious about how you have the background/banner handled. Done in post?

slater

Tim, great work thumb up sir...respect..

Justin M

KeyShot

Great image and love the VR.

br3ttman

I'd like to know how you were able to create the camera pivot, as it appears to change height and angle as you rotate around the car.  i.e. it doesn't look like a standard turntable VR.  Or was the whole scene off axis a little bit to give the illusion of the camera height and angle changing as you rotate around the back of the car? 

Awesome work!  Actually, it's too good!  Now I want to see raised lettering on the tires since so many other items are so tight!

Rex

Quote from: br3ttj on January 26, 2015, 11:16:26 AM
I'd like to know how you were able to create the camera pivot, as it appears to change height and angle as you rotate around the car.  i.e. it doesn't look like a standard turntable VR.  Or was the whole scene off axis a little bit to give the illusion of the camera height and angle changing as you rotate around the back of the car? 

Awesome work!  Actually, it's too good!  Now I want to see raised lettering on the tires since so many other items are so tight!

Looks like he used the "Animation" option for KeyShot VR.

feher

Yes I used the animation function for the VR. I used a turntable animation along with a inclination for the height change. The reason why I went with a turntable animation instead of a camera rotation is I feel you have better control over the lighting. Since my background wasn't moving with the camera a turntable is the way to go. Now if you're going to have the background rotate with the spin then a camera rotation would have to be done. Then the light fun will begin...lol
Hope that helps.
Tim

br3ttman

Thanks for the insight.  I didn't realize there was an animation function within VR.  I thought it was just the turnable, spherical, and hemi-spherical presets.  If there are other links you could point me to with further overview on set-ups like this I'd sure appreciate it!  I need to check this out!

br3ttman

Tim, 

Thanks again for your posts and insights.  I was able to create a fun "gamer character study" composition using this technique, where one model in the scene is stationary and the other I can rotate manually to "study" the different angles  I'd like to post the example to the forum, but I don't know how I could do that.

feher

You might be able to give it to the Keyshot team.