Network power in viewport?

Started by menizzi, January 31, 2018, 05:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

menizzi

Are you still working on bring the network render power to the real time viewport? Maybe ver 8?

INNEO_MWo

How should this work if a very heavy scene has be transferrd through a slow  network?
Do you ever noticed how long it takes to transfer a 10 GB scene as ksp from the client to the NR master sending this to a bunch of NR slaves and wait for the region of the result?

It is a nice idea!

But if you reduce the resolution of the view port and use the region render feature in heavy scenes, use mostly simple materials, then you get a fast render. Or compensate it with fast CPUs.

It could be an interesting thread ...

menizzi

Well, I am a home user. I think they said they are working on it but i never really heard much after that. For me it would be nice if say I had a Thread ripper system but just wanted alittle more real time viewport speed and can hook up my ryzen 1800x system for a little more boost. As far as pure rendering power i never need that as i work offshore and can que up a bunch of scenes. Im not very good with key shot so i like to see the whole image render in my face so i can make little changes.

KeyShot

We are still exploring this option, but as mentioned from a workflow perspective there are some issues with respect to having to transfer all the data to the network nodes.

andy.engelkemier

This is a great feature idea. I think you just ignore slow networks. I'm guessing the majority of users who would use this probably would be using network renders and have the machines readily accessible to them.