Keyshot crash on move

Started by jodycochran, June 22, 2016, 12:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jodycochran

I have a pretty dense scene, and the model is stable for the most part. However when I try to move a part, sometimes it does it fine no problem, then I move it later with the "Move Tool" and it moves around fine I can position it where I want as I click the green check box to commit location and all processors go to max and Keyshot crashes. The file is around 1GB I have 128 GB of ram. Just curious if this was a known issue and if anyone has some suggestions.

I have tried to clean the part up by removing unnecessary parts, and reducing the poly count but it still crashes.

Thanks,
Jody

Chad Holton

Hi Jody,

What KeyShot version are you using exactly (e.g. 5.1.234)? You can find this under Help>About.

Best regards,
Chad

jodycochran

Thanks Chad I am running the latest 6.2 Pro update.
I think the issue was bad geometry, I cleaned it up a little more, and it works very slowly but it doesn't crash.
File currently over 5GB.

Chad Holton

Those large scenes will use a lot of memory. Keep an eye on your RAM, as it might be running out.

multitech

I had the same problem after the 6.2.85 update.  KS would sometimes freeze when selecting the green check box after moving a single part on a large model.  I reinstalled 6.1.72 and it does not freeze any more.

Mike  :)

Chad Holton

Awesome! Thanks for the update.

Chad