Import Scale...TINY!

Started by degruch, January 20, 2013, 10:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

degruch

Guys, I'm sure this has been covered before, but the import scale in KS3.3 appears to be small...silly small.

My models seem to default to 0.02, shouldn't they be at 1? Additionally, when I increase the scale to 1, nothing will fit within the environment. Currently I have a 200mm tall set of headphones that are too large for a 100m environment!

Anyone had this issue? How is it solved?

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers,
Duane

Robb63

Sorry Degruch, I don't have a solution for you, but have noticed in the last few weeks that my models have been importing at different scales again.

KeyShot

This issue has been resolved in KeyShot 4. You can keep models at their exact scale.

degruch

Thanks guys.

I kind of need a solution now...when I purchased my upgrade to KS3.0 6 months or so back, did it include upgrades within a 12 month period? Or do I need to buy KS4.0? I see you guys have only just begun to release it. Seems a weird issue to have no solution for...doesn't everyone have the same problem?

KeyShot

How is the small scale affecting your rendering? There should not be an issue? Also, you can manually enter a larger number for the environment size if 100 is not enough and you prefer your model at the correct scale.

Also feel free to contact us at info@luxion.com if you want to see how KeyShot 4 handles the scale.

degruch

Small scale producing sub-standard shadowing, also I get the impression it is the reason some of my materials just don't look right (bump map scale?).

I didn't know I could exceed 100m, thanks for the tip!

I'd just love to see KS 4.0, period. Scaling and showing issues fixed, sounds brilliant! :)