Keyshot 6.2 Duplicating Crash

Started by revvels, July 05, 2016, 04:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

revvels

Platform: Win10 64x
Version: Keyshot 621 Pro for Zbrush

Heya,

updated today to Keyshot 6.2, and now whenever I duplicate a model in my scene and select it to move it, the program crashes. I usually render out my product in one image from 3 different angles (so duplicate > move and rotate) but now I cannot do this.

I guess it was my own dumb fault for updating in the middle of a project, but I really need this to work again ASAP... Any ideas?

-G

guest84672

Yes - we are aware of this and have a fix for this. In the meantime you can use pattern tool to do the duplication. Simply set x, y, z to 0.

revvels

Heya!

Thanks for the quick reply, this work around works fine indeed, thanks!!

-G

sethcshort

When do you think this will be fixed? I can't get the Pattern Tool to work on anything except grouped objects in the root of the scene ... my scene consists of about a hundred models so it's carefully organized in nesting groups, and having to move a part to the root of the scene, put it in a temporary group, run a pattern on it, then put it back in the heirarchy where it belongs, is not a workable solution.

Additionally, because we're not able to organize the order of models inside a group, when I move the part back to the group it's supposed to be in, it's out of order. Which, again, is frustrating to work with when I'm dealing with a ton of individual models.

Also it looks like creating a pattern messes with the coordinates of the object so I'm not able to copy the position and angle from one object to another. (IE to replace one model with another in exactly the same position).

Do you have an ETA for a fix?

guest84672

That is true. However, the crash will only occur if your model is exceeding 10M polygons.

We already have a build that addresses this issue, yet it is not officially released yet. If you want to get access to it please send an e-mail along with your serial code to beta@luxion.com, and I will provide you with a link to the build.

sethcshort

Thanks for the info. My scene had just over 10 million tris. I've divided the scene up into two files of smaller size. It required a reboot of Keyshot, but it looks like the Duplicate function is working now.

Thanks!

sethcshort

Hm. I'm  now working in a scene with 4.5 million triangles, and it's sporadically crashing on me when I duplicate. I'll be putting in a request for the beta as soon as I can get my employer's IT department to give me the licensing info.

guest84672

It's ok - I will send it to you. Same e-mail address as in your profile I assume?

sethcshort

Hi, I didn't see your reply, but we went through the email address you provided and I've installed the beta, and the problem has disappeared. Thanks!

ukindler

Hi Thomas,

I have the same problem here - crash when duplicating parts. Could you please send me the fixed version.

Thank you,

Uwe Kindler

Chad Holton

Hi Uwe,

Thomas is out today, so I went ahead and sent you access to the latest build.

Chad

Gauthier@WMP

Hello,

Same problem here with keyshot 6.2, it's really annoying as we use duplicate all the time!
how can we have the fixing version?

best regards,

Gauthier

Chad Holton

Hi Gauthier,

Just sent you an email.

If anyone else needs help with this issue, please contact: support@luxion.com

Chad