Main Menu

Render Time Feature

Started by Zander85, September 23, 2011, 07:20:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zander85

I'm not sure there is a faster way of telling how long keyshot took to render my animation but I will usually go to the folder where keyshot rendered too and I click on the first frame, click on the properties and copy and paste the time and date of when the file was created and then I do the same thing with the last frame and I quickly get an idea of how long keyshot was rendering for. But rather than go through these steps it would be nice if keyshot tagged exactly how long the renders took.

Another great feature would be for keyshot to estimate how long the scene was going to take before I even rendered but that might be asking too much. (I just click the buttons you guys make and I am grateful for that  ;))

guest84672

That is actually impossible to do accurately. A better way is doing the following:

In the render tab, select "Use Realtime Render". Go the quality tab, uncheck frames, and check use time.
Set the time for a single frame. I suggest doing a few tests for just one single frame to see what the max render time is that you need: 1min, 2min, etc - you get the idea - note: time is set in seconds.

Once you are satisfied with the result, then use that time for each frame to render out the animation. The time to render out the animation will be time per frame * number of frames.

I hope this helps.

Thomas

Zander85

hmm... I will definitely try that out thanks Thomas!  :)