Textures Blurring after Import from Sketchup

Started by CrazyIvan606, April 01, 2016, 09:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyIvan606

Hey all,

Been having this issue for a while. I have a library of computer products that require screenfills. To save time in post, I went into my sketchup library and applied the textures directly to the models. However, (seemingly at random times) when I render out in Keyshot, the texture will 'blur' to varying degrees. The attached option is a fairly mild case, but still extremely inconvenient. Any ideas what could be causing this? I've fixed it occasionally by 'repositioning' the texture using the tools within Keyshot, but having to do that for every screen eliminates the point.

Windows 7
    KeyShot 5.2 Pro Floating
    SketchUp 2015

I've sent the SketchUp and Keyshot File using the wetransfer to support@luxion, but have attached JPGs showing the issue. You can see in the TextureTest1.jpg that the texture has started to 'blur,' whereas in RealtimeWindowView.jpg the texture is properly filling the whole screen.

Thanks!
Ivan

LayC42

Check the scale of the model and the units of your scene. Perhaps it is too big. So in this case, the textures will be transformed.
Then try to decrease the model till the textures look sharp. Otherwise you could use textures with a higher resolution.

Please share the solution.

CrazyIvan606

Both the scale of the model and the units are correct.

I did some google-fu and realized I completely overlooked an option called "Sharper Texture Filtering."

Turning that on seems to have solved my issue!