depth map fail in large scale models

Started by dalejsmith, August 20, 2013, 01:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dalejsmith

I have a scene that I purchased from Turbosqid. A desert road scene and as I am trying to use it in KS I am finding some major limitations when it comes to scale. I had to scale the scene to 10th scale to get it started, and now I find that the depth map only renders out a flat white with no gradient. I messed around and found if I let KS scale it, it works but this is not a good long term answer. This need to be addressed imo.

DriesV

The depth map is 32 bit EXR.
Lower the exposure in a (float supported) image editor and the gradient will show. The EXR should cover the entire depth of your scene.

Dries

guest84672

What is the issue with scale? I am not sure I understand. And what is wrong with KeyShot scaling the scene?

dalejsmith

my model is over 5 miles in real scale. The depth map shows as all white when it is in full size and even at 1/10 scale.  I will try what DriesV suggested.  I am also trying the model at 1/1000th scale to see if that helps.

Chad Holton

Yes, as Dries mentioned, this is the way the depth map is supposed to look. If you're just curious on what it looks like, you'll need to adjust the exposure. I've tested it out and it seems to be working fine.