Network Rendering latest 6.3.23 stuck on 99.4%

Started by Nils Piirma, April 01, 2017, 08:07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nils Piirma

Lately I have been having issues with 3 slaves that are stuck on 99.4%, and they have been stuck there for 4 hours, the whole scene is pretty intensive in terms of raybounces and indirect raybounces, any ideas what i might look in to the master's config file to fix these issues?
Also for some odd reason the Download current.. feature isnt working, it just outright displays an error message and disconnects

3D Off the Page

Hey Nils,

We had that problem a few times.  One thing I would check is the available hard drive space on the slaves.

Other times we did get to the end of a render and the last regions seemed to take longer than the earlier regions (like you stated it was with intensive renders).

Steve

Nils Piirma

Hey Steve  on our farm ClusterFarm we have 500 gig ssds which are on all slaves and in raid 1. and the amount utilized on Wins 2012 r2 is only around 30 gigs. so should be plenty enough free space.
I rendered them on 15 raybounces using dual xeon x5675''s on each of our 4 nodes. So horsepower wizened it was plenty. Just on 99.4 to 99.8 it dropped down to 16% utilization of the cores to 8% of the cores. Affinity setting also didn'the do much good.

Any ideas on what to perhaps optimize since you're running pretty much the same hardware.  Also each machine is equipped with 96 gigs of ram running at 1333mhz.

Nils
Founder of Cluster Farm.net