Main Menu

Ferrari F12

Started by feher, November 12, 2013, 06:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

Model is from Turbo Squid.
Playing around with this model from the webinar.
I know I went over everything very quick in the webinar with no great detail.  I do hope you at least got a few tips or tricks from it. I'm hoping to do a few 10 min. tutorials on all the different stages which I will go into detail. Please stay tune if your interested.

For the ground I used the ground plain changed it to plastic material added some textures.
Luxion's HDR editor
IES lights 3 of them
Photoshop for some post work.
Enjoy
Tim

Ed

That looks great Tim.  It really 3D pops - feels like I could just jump in and walk around the car.

I'm curious how you did the background and integrate it with the floor.  Maybe a tutorial just on backgrounds ? :)

BTW - very good job on your webinar last week.

Ed

Dylan

Wow that really stands out Tim. Great work.

diamond

Jeff Hayden

Great work as always Timothy.

feher

Thanks everyone.
Played with another version. Seeing how far I can push this.
Enjoy
Tim

Nick

It looks spectacular, very nicely done!

You said you got this model from TurboSquid, can you share it with us? Or did you buy it?

Cheers!

slater

Nice work, ..the floor is awesome! but in my opinion, plastic material doesn't seem real material..or better don't seems plastic material , and same on tire materials..
This is my only opinion.
Cheers

edwardo

Just watched your tutorial - thanks for that, really kind of you to share some tips. Especially the one about using metallic paints on more than I would have thought! And your use of IES lights in a subtle manner is great (I had noticed you raving about IES lights in previous threads but hadn't understood how you /why you used them now that we have an hdri editor). I would have liked more info on headlamps. I guess that could require an entirely separate tutorial. Some discussion about your render settings would be good too

Can I ask you what app you used to prep your model beforehand (did I notice the mudbox logo somewhere?). I have purchased a car model pack from evermotion and have been able to split up the obj and rename and organise them in rhino quite easily (but quite tedious). Whilst the resolution is decent I feel like some parts could be subdivided for close up shots, can't do that in rhino, will need a sudD program I guess.

Anyway, overall it was really helpful, so thanks a lot for the time and effort
Regards
Ed

Chad Holton

DriesV

Really liking the depth of V2. Very snappy image.

Dries

feher

Quote from: edwardo on November 15, 2013, 05:32:25 AM
Just watched your tutorial - thanks for that, really kind of you to share some tips. Especially the one about using metallic paints on more than I would have thought! And your use of IES lights in a subtle manner is great (I had noticed you raving about IES lights in previous threads but hadn't understood how you /why you used them now that we have an hdri editor). I would have liked more info on headlamps. I guess that could require an entirely separate tutorial. Some discussion about your render settings would be good too

Can I ask you what app you used to prep your model beforehand (did I notice the mudbox logo somewhere?). I have purchased a car model pack from evermotion and have been able to split up the obj and rename and organise them in rhino quite easily (but quite tedious). Whilst the resolution is decent I feel like some parts could be subdivided for close up shots, can't do that in rhino, will need a sudD program I guess.

Anyway, overall it was really helpful, so thanks a lot for the time and effort
Regards
Ed

Hi Ed
I loved doing the Webinar. Just way to much to cover in an hour...lol I will be doing 10 min tutorials covering specific areas. I will be covering headlamps, rendering setting...etc
I use Maya

Thanks everyone for the support.
Tim