Stationary light source?

Started by hugo, February 03, 2016, 03:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hugo

How do I isolate a light plane from the main subject so that the light stays stationary while the subject continues its turntable animation?

Esben Oxholm

How are the relationship between the light plane and the model? Are the under the same group in the scene tree or are the connected as one part?

Depending on the above, move the light plane out of the group or use the geometry editor to split the parts.

hugo

I see my question is confusing! :-[

Lets assume the bunny is in a display space.
Its sitting on a 360 degree rotating turntable.
A stationary Light is shining on it from one side.
As the bunny rotates the light will illuminate different portions of its geometry as the bunny rotates through 360 degrees.

What do I have to do in KS  to capture that turntable animation?

hugo

Yikes:  .....whats happened to this forum?  where are the regulars? are they dead, retired, on vacation or unemployed  ;D

TpwUK

If you are KS6 you can render the animation directly.
If you are KS5 then you need to have the VFR or Animation licence type if i remember rightly.

If you don't upgrade or purchase the licence(s) then you would need to animate two sessions of 180 degrees , again playing by memory here. If you didn't or don't have a Pro licence then you could only do 180 degree turntable.

Does that help ?

Martin

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: hugo on February 10, 2016, 02:11:08 PM
Yikes:  .....whats happened to this forum?  where are the regulars? are they dead, retired, on vacation or unemployed  ;D
Woops, didn't see that you replied, Hugo.

I assume that you have access to the animation part to KS.
What you have to do is:

1. Go to the scene tree
2. Right-click on the object you want to rotate 360 degrees
3. Go to animation -> turntable

... and that's it.

Let me know if you are able to make it work :)

hugo

Thanks Esben!  ......... A picture is worth a 1000 words :-*