Network render problems again

Started by PeterSwift, August 14, 2017, 06:30:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterSwift

It's very often we have problems with the network render. And often we don't know why, we need to re-render to figure out what is the problem this time. Keyshot should send us a warning, if one computer or all can't access the HDRI for example. It seems to be one of the most common problems.   

Today we got horizontal stripes in the reflection of the products (where you see the hdri)
Then i moved the hdri to the server and that it worse. Then it just became black.

Anyone have problem with the network render?

guest84672

What version of Network Rendering are you using?

PeterSwift

The latest. it's up to date.  6.3.26

PeterSwift

here is an exemple how it looked today. The problems look different depending on the problem but today it was hdri problems.

But here is how it should look.  (as it should look.jpg)
here it how it rendered on the network render. striping effect. (striping.jpg)
and then i moved the hdri (even worse) 
the last one i get that it didnt find the hdri, but the program never gives me an error and tells me what's wrong. Usally it works even if i move the hdri.
Hope it works differently in the new network render.

guest84672

You can download NR 7 and try it. It will work with your existing license.

Peterurich

When we do network, I seem to get bad everything.
Lobby is mostly ok, but more often that not have connection problems with network.  Dont know why

andy.engelkemier

Shoot. I have this problem as well. We're running 6.2.105. I can't figure out how to get 6.3.26 because it's not on the downloads page and the automatic update does look like it applies to the master.

I was getting it on standard chrome, with one of the built in HDRI's. I think the object I noticed it on was polygon data, where the rest was NURBS from Rhino. I'm not sure if it was related to the chrome material in my scene, or the polygon data.

I actually came here to  update it. I did some renderings and for whatever reason, an orthographic top view took 50minutes, but the rest of the renders only took 15. I thought that might be some sort of bug in the network render version I was using, but wasn't about to update it in the middle of a job. Trying to update it now, and I think I'm hosed. I can't find anything on how to update the master, which Looks like it's supposed to automatically update, but it does not.

Thomas, I can send you a scene with this problem if you want. Just email me. I'll pair it down to just a couple pieces so it's an easier download. I'd test it out in a newer version, but I'm stuck there.