Is this a bug?

Started by jhiker, March 18, 2013, 04:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhiker

I'm almost sure there is a bug in the 'Rounded Edges' feature but I'd like confirmation...
I opened a perfectly sound existing scene last Friday (originally done in K3) to play with some of the new features in K4.
In the scene tree I applied rounded edges to several of the components, set up a new environment and backplate and saved the file.
Today I opened the file and the model will not display in the main scene window. It appears to be there in the scene tree, and if I click on it I can see an outline in the scene window, but the model is not there. Furthermore, on this same scene,  K4 hangs on the 'rendering material spheres' on the Materials tab.
I just tried it again with a new scene - brought it into K4 - played about with the lighting, etc. saved it and reopened it with no problems.
Brought it in again, applied some rounded edges in the scene tree, saved it. Opened it again and the model is again not displayed in the main window.
Next I went through each part of the model in the scene tree and attempted to set the 'rounded edges' back to zero but the new values do not appear to 'stick'. I tried both typing into the dialogue box and resetting the slider to zero but it each time I right-clicked on the part again it had retained the original 'rounded edge' value and I could not reset it to zero.
Has anyone else experienced the same thing?

guest84672

Can you share the scene with support so we can investigate?

jhiker

Hi Thomas,
Thank you for the reply. I just emailed the *.bip to you at Keyshot support.
Incidentally, when I tried the export the scene as a package it crashed Keyshot.
However, the *.bip file should suffice.
Many thanks,
Jeff

guest84672

Thanks for sending.

This is an interesting one. Crashed KeyShot on the Mac upon opening. We will investigate.

jhiker

Thank you.
I'd be interested to know whether the 'Rounded Edges' feature is causing problems for anyone else (see post#1).

jhiker

Hi Thomas,
Did you reach any conclusions on this problem?

guest84672

It is a strange bug that has been fixed in the next update.