Keyshot 5 Help! Solid bodies not recognized as separate bodies

Started by sunburn731, August 04, 2014, 12:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburn731

I just upgraded to Keyshot 5 and my Solidworks file with multiple solid bodies are not being recognized as separate bodies. So when I apply a material all of them change together. In the Project scene window it only counts it as one whole body even though the solidworks file has multiple bodies in it. Unless I pre-paint in solidworks, keyshot 5 is not allowing me to unlink them separately. ( I feel like ive just reverted back to keyshot 1!) Anyone else having this issue?

Speedster

You really have to pre-paint (UV Map) each Solid Body.  I had the same problem until I realized that.
Bill G

Rex

hey Sunburn,

What version of SW are you using? Are you using the KS plugin or just importing the sldprt/sldasm files directly into KS? If so, what version of the plugin are you using?

sunburn731

Hi,

I'm running solidworks 2013. And I'm directly opening / importing my solidworks file into keyshot 5.

Rex

Sunburn,

Make sure you have "New Importer" enabled on import.

Here is a link to the plugin: https://www.keyshot.com/install/plugins/solidworks/keyshot5_solidworks_plugin_3.0.exe

Using the plugin allows you to work interactively with SW making changes to your model and updating them in KS.

Rex

sunburn731

Hi Rex,

I'm still having the same problem. When I launch Keyshot with a blank slate and hit file open or import I notice during the processing a "merging parts" status comes up. Which in turns seem to take everything that was the same color in solidworks and makes it one material. The only way around this is to go back into solidworks hit save again and do an update. Any suggestions? See attached screen shot. Thanks