Textures are somehow cached - lead to wrong import of collada files

Started by ddolezal, November 13, 2014, 02:41:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddolezal

Hello,

I have a problem with importing Collada files.

I have several files which have the same structure but have different designs attached.

Each collada and its associated textures are in a unique folder.
The texture pngs are named Texture_0.png to Texture_24.png.

I import the first collada to a new scene  - everything is fine.
Then I deactivate the first Model, and import the second collada.
But: During import, the "old" textures of the first colladas are taken and assigned to the second model.
This ist not good - how should I import design mutations when Keyshot does not take the path to the collada file into account but "caches" the textures?

Then I thought about importing the second design mutation into a new Keyshot file - thinking that perhaps during a completely new import everything might work out.
Unfortunately it did not.
Same problem - the import of the second collada file loads and links the textures of the first collada file.

I then quit Keyshot - and opened it again.
This time, when importing the second collada, the correct textures are imported and linked to the materials.

This makes my work really hard - I have 30 design mutations, and quitting keyshot before every import and then setting up the scene again (camera, environment, ....) is really a pain in the a****

I hope I could make myself clear in describing the problem - hopefully there is somebody who has an idea.....

I am using KS Pro 5.1.57 on OSX 10.9.5

Thanks!

Dieter

KeyShot

You make a good point. We will update the collada importer to better randomize the names of the textures.

ddolezal

Quote from: KeyShot on November 13, 2014, 06:03:50 AM
You make a good point. We will update the collada importer to better randomize the names of the textures.

Thanks - and what should I do in the meantime?

Dieter