KeyShot Enterprise Floating and VR/XR

Started by TGS808, December 20, 2017, 08:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGS808

We just added two more KS licenses in our office, moving us from one to three. Upon firing them up, I noticed that the VR function is grayed out on two out of the three. Should this be? Since KS Enterprise includes the VR feature (or XR on the case of v7) I would have thought that all three licenses would have access to it at once. Do we actually have to buy two more VR plugins or did my IT department miss something when setting up the additional licenses?

Will Gibbons

I suppose it depends on the licenses you bought.

If you have 1 KeyShot Enterprise license, then it includes KS XR as you mentioned.

If you bought 2 more licenses (you didn't mention which kind), and they were HD, Pro or Pro Floating, they will not allow you to access the XR feature.

You could add the XR onto the two new licenses, but for the same price (if I'm not mistaken), you could upgrade those two new licenses to Enterprise, resulting in 3 seats of KeyShot Pro Floating. Seems like that's a better deal as you get 32 cores of network rendering per license with that.

So, yes, features are tied to individual license type.

TGS808

Hi Will, thanks for the response. You're right, I didn't mention what we bought but I should have, to be more clear. Our initial license was KeyShot Enterprise Floating. We just now added two more licenses to it.

I just spoke to my IT guy and it turns out that whoever he was dealing with at Luxion (I didn't get her name) issued the wrong licenses to us. They were supposed to be Enterprise, but weren't. So, she is in the process of reissuing the correct ones.

Thanks again!