Colors Not Right Anymore

Started by Robb63, October 25, 2016, 07:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robb63

I rendered some product images last week and noticed that despite the onscreen image looking correct, the colors and lighting in the actual renders were way off. I always render using the "maximum sample" setting, but I also tried the "Advanced" setting and the colors were still wrong.

I use the color correction in KS (previously with great results), and have a Spyder-5 on my desk for monitor calibration. This is the first time I've noticed it being off. When I switch off "Color Correction" in preferences, my renders went back to looking exactly like the preview? Today I had to re-render a scene to show a plastic switch to PMS185c (A very common red). When I use the color Tab in the Library and drag a 185c to my model it turned almost a hot pink, which is way off again! (My color correction is still switched off).

I rendered TpwUK's material ball with some Pantone colors on there to show as an example of how far off my colors are now. I've tried different lighting, not color difference, and my brightness/contrast in this scene with the default KS environment (All White.hdr) are both set to "1". If I turn them down the colors are still of, and the whole scene gets dull.

Any ideas how I can fix this??

guest84672

Can you send me the scene - ksp please? Send to thomas@luxion.com. Use keyshot.wetransfer.com if necessary.

I tried this and could not reproduce. Make sure to check "compensate image gamma" in Preferences under "color management".

Robb63

Hi Thomas,
That was it "compensate image gamma". Here is the same scene with that box checked.

Thank you!!

guest84672

Sweet - glad to hear that this "fixed" it.