Main Menu

Audi S7

Started by NM-92, August 29, 2016, 09:19:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM-92

After a break from modeling and rendering, i made a quick one to keep up with the insane amount of new material here in the forum  ;D. Really can't remember where i downloaded this model, it was inside my "to do" folder. Hope you like it !

TpwUK

Looks like you got inspiration from Looney Tunes :) but i like it :)

Martin

NM-92

Haha ! It was an unexpected result obtained with the gradient texture.

bdesign

+1 on the "Looney Tunes"...that's the first thing I thought of :) The render looks very slick and dramatic. Cool stuff!

Eric

NM-92

Quote from: bdesign on August 29, 2016, 03:44:32 PM
+1 on the "Looney Tunes"...that's the first thing I thought of :) The render looks very slick and dramatic. Cool stuff!

Eric

Thanks Eric, here is a more conventional shot  ;D, one more detail to come and i'm moving on with this model.

bdesign

Oh man, love that paint! Great lighting :)  Are the windows rolled down?

Cheers,
Eric

NM-92

Whoops. I don't know what happened to the windows. They have a basic glass material but they didn't catch any reflections. I should have put another light source there.

Last detail shot. This wasn't my favourite set at all, but i needed to practice with something. Cheers !

bdesign

Quote from: NM-92 on August 30, 2016, 06:01:49 AM
Whoops. I don't know what happened to the windows. They have a basic glass material but they didn't catch any reflections. I should have put another light source there.
If you're using the basic Glass material, try checking the "Two-sided" option, or try using the Glass(Solid) material. See how that works for you. As well, I find that creating glass for objects with relatively uniform thickness from "scratch" with the Advanced material allows the most options, as you can control the specularity and the various transmissions. For a clear glass, I think something like Diffuse=Black, Specular=approx.40%, Specular Transmission=90-98% grey works well, IMO.

Cheers,
Eric

NM-92

Quote from: bdesign on August 30, 2016, 06:20:05 AM
Quote from: NM-92 on August 30, 2016, 06:01:49 AM
If you're using the basic Glass material, try checking the "Two-sided" option, or try using the Glass(Solid) material. See how that works for you. As well, I find that creating glass for objects with relatively uniform thickness from "scratch" with the Advanced material allows the most options, as you can control the specularity and the various transmissions. For a clear glass, I think something like Diffuse=Black, Specular=approx.40%, Specular Transmission=90-98% grey works well, IMO.

Cheers,
Eric

Thanks for the explanation Eric  ;). The thing is i've never had this kind of weird behaviour with the glass. I think it was caused because i positioned the car facing the other way in my studio.

Hossein Alfideh

well done nico, you've created a real beauty buddy!
high five  :D ;)

NM-92

Thank you Hossein !

Despot

Very cool Nicolas, first ones my favourite, although if I view it for too long it kinda feels like I'm being hypnotised

I hope this is not an insidious plan to take over the forum... ;)

NM-92

Quote from: Despot on August 31, 2016, 02:22:49 AM
Very cool Nicolas, first ones my favourite, although if I view it for too long it kinda feels like I'm being hypnotised

I hope this is not an insidious plan to take over the forum... ;)

Haha ! Of course i'm not trying to hypnotize you, but you are getting very, very sleepy...your eyelids are getting heavy...  ;D