Stitched Padded Surface?

Started by Jayceyned, February 22, 2018, 02:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayceyned

Hey keyshot community,

I am trying to visualise something similar to this, without modelling the ridges on the main surface - it feels as though it is possible with keyshot, but I can't figure out how to approach it?
With any method I can think of, I can't see how I would achieve a visibly bumpy surface edge around the perimeter edge of the  surface?

Any direction would be very much appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Jay

TGS808

Without actually modeling it, the only way that I can think of to get those ridges is to use displacement mapping, which the current version of KeyShot does not do. I think I read it may be coming in version 8.

br3ttman

So I'm curious after reading this post.  How much functionality will the displacement mapping feature have in KeyShot 8.0?  As a NURBS modeler, typically in SolidWorks or Creo, having a displacement feature both for rendering and re-export would be an incredibly powerful feature.  I would love to be able to add detail like Jayceyned is showing, both displacement textures and color details, and then re-export this to print a 3D model on a color Polyjet printer.  That would be a crazy powerful workflow for me as a product designer!

Jayceyned

Thanks loads for your help,

I was afraid that would be the case but I thought better ask before giving up.

Really appreciate you sharing your knowledge,

Take Care,