Mesh Modeling - Various renders practice (+Erlenmeyer Flask)

Started by NM-92, May 16, 2016, 02:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM-92

Hey there. It's been a while since i posted something so i downloaded a model to play a little bit. Paintball gun model is from CG Trader. Hope you like it !

NM-92

Today i also revisited an old scene and reworked the materials, camera angle and lighting. The close up is the new render.

NM-92

This model was downloaded from 3DSky.org.

TpwUK

The paint ball shot is the better image from this batch. Keep pushing the pool ball shot, that 8 ball needs that tarnishing dropping of a tad.

Martin

Hossein Alfideh

Very nice indeed!
Paintball shot is my favorite.
Just one tiny critic on the pool shot is I think the 8 ball is really dirty,perhaps some little scratches and a  bump map can create the impact effect between the balls. :)

NM-92

Hey guys, thanks ! I can see what you both are saying about the pool ball. Perhaps the white ball would've been a better choice to show something like this (more exposed to damage). Thanks for taking a look.

Chris B

The Wooden Man one looks incredible!  How did you get the look of sparks and dust flying all around him?!?

NM-92

Quote from: Chris B on May 22, 2017, 11:44:43 PM
The Wooden Man one looks incredible!  How did you get the look of sparks and dust flying all around him?!?

Thanks Chris. All those effects are the results of using brushes and masks in PS. I've come across some cool free brush packs along time and i use them every time. The smoke is one single brush and it's combined with an image (particles) set with a blend mode to remove the background. So, that's all post production work.

mattjgerard

I found the trove of free photoshop brushes on the interwebs a while back when I spent 4 hours trying to create a torn paper edge look for a poster. Then my buddy did a 2 second google search and came up with a dozen brushes that looked better and got me the result I wanted in 2 clicks (one of those clicks was downloading the brushes)

very cool images!

NM-92

Quote from: mattjgerard on May 23, 2017, 06:14:21 AM
I found the trove of free photoshop brushes on the interwebs a while back when I spent 4 hours trying to create a torn paper edge look for a poster. Then my buddy did a 2 second google search and came up with a dozen brushes that looked better and got me the result I wanted in 2 clicks (one of those clicks was downloading the brushes)

very cool images!

Yeah, they are really useful but you can get carried away without noticing and fill your image with them :P. I often try to limit myself with them.

Here's a new image that i did today. Everyone is flipping with these little things, so i made one, a fidget spinner. Modeled in Rhinoceros.

NM-92

Hey guys. I found this awesome model in Grabcad (link: https://grabcad.com/library/freightliner-cascadia-dashboard-1) and had to take a shot at it. I modeled the map, photo and permit in Blender/Rhinoceros. Hope you like it !

Josh3D

Magnus Skogsfjord

Lot's of eye candy I've missed out on here. Great job Nico! Looking good

NM-92

Will Gibbons

I like the narrative here in this rendering! Nice work Nico.