Main Menu

Update/Install

Started by JonWelch, October 15, 2013, 01:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonWelch

Hello Keyshooters!

I just stumbled on something interesting while discussing the new 4.2.35 update with my friend. I updated a few days ago and my friend did so just today. He was then excited to see the Vignette Backplates as he hadn't seen them before, but neither had myself. I was confused as to what he was talking about as I did not have any of those colorful backplates. We were trying to figure out how that was possible and came to the conclusion that if I download the trial version of 4.2.35 from the website, it will update my already updated Keyshot and give me the backplates. Thought this was a bit strange and that you might like to know.

So basically I've had the licensed version since February and have run all the updates but never received  the Vignette Backplates. And after downloading and running the 4.2.35 update, I still did not acquire them. Until finally downloading a trial version which then came with the Backplates. Maybe this is an already known decision, but thought I'd mention it either way. Still not sure when those backplates were even actually released as my friend and I never use the stock Backplates.

Keep up the great work!
THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!

-Jon Welch

thomasteger

All content is usually part of the full installer, and not the update installer. Our plan is to address this in KeyShot 5 in an elegant way.