Main Menu

Nate's wish list

Started by nmeyer, April 27, 2011, 02:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nmeyer

1) fix the move/roate widgit when it orthographic view.  It becomes so large that I sometimes cannot see my part I am moving.

Also, keep the widget in the same part of the window at all times.  It is dificult to orient a part while in a specific view becuase the widgit is not in the window. It makes you zoom
    out unitl the widget appears and then you have to re-orient.

2) Have the option to shut off raytracing all together when setting up your scene.  Make it similar to working a CAD environment until your ready for ray tracing. This will speed up
    workflow and eliminate the annoying fuzzy views every time you change something or re-orient your view.

3) Add a feature to eliminate perfect edges. It makes renderings look fake but I do not like spending hours adding tiny fillets to every edge of an assembly.

Thats all I have for now....I am just being picky anyways. Compared to bunkspeed shot, this program is perfect.

guest84672

@1) this has been fixed in 2.2.65

@2) Use performance mode - alt P. This will turn off ground shadows, self shadows, ground reflections, and drops the raybounces to 2.

@3) Yes, that is a cool feature. We will look into it.

PhilippeV8

about #2 ... I noticed that when I am in the Alt+P mode and I save, after re-opening the file it uses these settings for the "none" Alt+P mode ... so, e.g. I got 10 rays and got 2 for shadow and I got the 2 upper most checkboxes checked .. I go to Alt+P and work a little .. then I save and go home .. The next morning I open the file again and it's not in the "low" mode, but it has set the settings to 2 rays and 1 shadow and no checkboxes ...
Is that a bug or intentional ?  ;)

guest84672

That is a bug an has been recorded.

PhilippeV8

Miles

Quote from: nmeyer on April 27, 2011, 02:20:04 PM
3) Add a feature to eliminate perfect edges. It makes renderings look fake but I do not like spending hours adding tiny fillets to every edge of an assembly.
+1