Keyshot 6 for Creo 3.0 Plugins - .STL file is missing.. Need help..

Started by Gary, February 23, 2017, 12:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Guys,

Good Day..   

I'm a newbee on on Keyshot plugins and using PTC Creo 3.0..   My problem comes along this way.   
Have a working a scan data .STL file on on the Creo assembly and by the time going to render in Keyshot,  .STL file is missing.  nothing show in keyshot environment..

Have an option to import the STL file but I don't waste time to to re-align in keyshot, its a double process.
Does anyone know can help to solve my problem.  Needs inputs..

my Machine:
OS. Windows 10  64bit
PTC Creo 3.0 M100
Keyshot 6.3

Thanks..
Gary

TpwUK

If the STL part is correctly placed in the original Creo file can you not export just that part as say something like IGES and that should then be able to get handled properly by KS. I don't have Creo so I can't play, but I suspect it's going to be something getting confused between Poly based STL and Creo NURBs.

Martin

INNEO_MWo

I tried the latest plugin version (1.4) with creo parametric and the stl part is missing. But it works, if I import the assembly directly.
Attached you'll find a simple example with the creo 3.0 files as well the import result.

Hope that helps

cheers
Marco

TpwUK

Here is a screenshot using NURBs render mode and as can be seen the STL ball is now invisible. Can you please confirm that you are not using NURBs render mode ?

Martin

INNEO_MWo

To be clear. The NURBS mode is the opposite of the polygon mode, right? And a stl mesh contains polygons.
So I'm wondering. Cause in earlier releases we weren't able to change the scene to NURBS mode if it contains one single polygon part. Good to know now. I'll give this a try today.

Have a nice day.

Cheers
Marco

TpwUK

Quote from: MWo on February 23, 2017, 10:03:13 PM
To be clear. The NURBS mode is the opposite of the polygon mode, right? And a stl mesh contains polygons.
So I'm wondering. Cause in earlier releases we weren't able to change the scene to NURBS mode if it contains one single polygon part. Good to know now. I'll give this a try today.

Have a nice day.

Cheers
Marco
As I mentioned I don't have Creo or the Plugin so it's awkward to test things here and as such I am working blind here. When using the the plugin, does it ask if you want to Import NURBS Data or does it allow you to set the tessellation or both? If it does, then using the tessellation option only will/should export everything from Creo  into KS as triangulated polygon mesh objects and then everything will be visible.

Martin

guest84672

We are taking a look at this right now, and it doesn't to be that straight forward in the Pro/TOOLKiT API. But we keep on digging.

guest84672

New Creo plugins are ready with support for STL. Uploading right now.

www.keyshot.com/plugins