Model moves slightly when materializing a targeted part

Started by blaperle, February 11, 2015, 08:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blaperle

MacBook Pro 2.8, 16GB
OSX 10.9.5
KeyShot 5.1.66
Models are Imported STEP (214) files from Inventor and CAD

Models Move slightly when zoomed in while trying to apply a material to a targeted part.
Not bad while working on large parts, but when doing detail work (screw heads, label text etc) material gets inadvertently applied to a neighbouring part of the model when (carefully) releasing the mouse on the targeted part due to the model (or camera) shifting ever-so-little.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide – my work  is taking longer than it should.

guest84672

First off - why are you not importing the native CAD parts?

I've never experienced this, nor any of our users reported this one. What kind of mouse are you using?
If nothing else you could try and lock the camera in the ribbon while zoomed in.

blaperle

Thank you for the reply.
I'm using an Apple Magic Mouse. I'll try with a native CAD or Inventor Files going forward... STEP was the preferred import file type that was suggested to me early on in pre-purchase trials of the software...

The issue is quite distinct - I hadn't found the problem mentioned elsewhere on the forum...

richardfunnell

Does the issue still happen if you lock the camera before applying the material?